Monday, January 22, 2018

Year 2, Week 13

Happy half-week!! Once again, I forgot to remind you all about the Saturday PDay. Ni modo!

LECCIÓN DE LA SEMANA: I would like to re-emphasize the need to make valiant decisions BEFORE seeing a sign from God that it was the right choice. 

In Alma 56:44-46, the army of Helaman demonstrated great courage in choosing to face their enemies and defend their country. It was only AFTER making the decision, back-tracking a fair distance, and entering combat with the lamanites that God showed them a sign. In verse 50, we see that Antipus and his army was about to fall be the sword - Helaman’s 2000 stripling warriors arrived just in time to defend their brothers and win the battle. 

I’ve heard from many of you who are making valiant decisions in your lives, whether it be in your studies, personal lives, or in the choice to serve a mission. The funny thing is, in the mission, time is like a movie in fast-forward, and it gives me such joy to watch as the Lord blesses you for your faith and courage. 

Keep consulting with the Lord in all things! 

-----------------------------------

I still haven’t received the news about transfers, so that will be a surprise for next time! I imagine that I’m staying here. President told me that the original plan was for me to come to Kabah in January, but I came early because of special circumstances with the previous zone leader.

This week, I had plenty of adventures. We peacefully defended the faith against a rather contentious Bible-basher (hint - we didn’t Bible-bash). We chose to obey a rather "trivial" rule even in the face of scorn from members and were later blessed by finding a WHOLE family that accepted a baptismal date in February. We fixed some behavioral problems in the zone, and it total, the missionaries of Kabah found 30 people to baptize next month! 

I believe that our success can be attributed to our focus in responding to first promptings of the Spirit. I can’t tell you how many times this week I thought "that guy’s busy, I’ll leave him alone", only to follow the Spirit and discover that (1) he was taught by the missionaries before, (2) had attended church before, or (3) is a less-active member that just moved in. God really does know better than we do WHO He puts in our path. 

And, our house is very clean, and it makes me happy :D

Love, 
Elder Carson

---------------------------------

Brother Berry (Hno. Mora) and his family!!

Exchanges with the beloved (and incredible) District Leader, Elder Cuautle! Once again, I´m offering professional photography services XP haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment