Saturday, February 24, 2018

Year 2, Week 17


LECCIÓN DE LA SEMANA: There’s a great article by D. Todd Christofferson in the new Liahona that talks about Religious Freedom. As I read, I was contemplating all the times that I’ve felt frustrated because someone rejected me or because our investigator decided not to be baptized.

Later, with these strong feelings in mind, I started reading the Book of Mormon. More than ever, I could identify with the pains of Lehi, a disappointed father, when his oldest sons chose to murmur, accuse, and openly rebel. How strong the current flows when one tries to move in the right direction!! I sympathize with my own parents, who endured me in my ups and downs and still managed to teach me correct principles.

I think of the scripture in 2 Nephi, chapter 2, verse 11: "For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things..." Isn’t it GREAT that the people in the street can choose to reject us? Doesn’t that also mean that WE can reject everything that flows contarily to our standards? What a blessing that we are free to worship according to the dictates of our own conscience!

---------------------------------------

The trip to Cozumel was not only a blast, but we were able to see miracles in the zone as we did exchanges with the missionaries and helped them find new people to teach. President teased Elder Vergara and I ALL WEEK that we were going on vacation, but hey, I can’t help that I came to the best mission in the world! (see photos).

We also held a conference for future-trainers. It was a little bit R&D because it was our first time trying the idea. We brought missionaries for all over the mission to learn how to be EXCELLENT trainers before the new transfer starts on the 26th. I felt the Lord’s hand in helping me teach my part, even though we had barely an hour-and-a-half to plan. The Spirit is actually really good at everything! True fact!

Little by little, I’m learning what it takes to be detail-oriented. Being in the offices really helps with that; it’s like coming to Mexico to learn Spanish; when everyone around you is talking details and numbers, it’s "learn or die!"

But, that’s been the Lord’s way of teaching me these past 16 months, and to be honest, I enjoy it XD

Hope you all have a miraculous week!

Love,
Elder Carson

-------------------------------------------
  
JUAN MY BELOVED!!!

Keep a weather eye on the horizon...

Hello sky, hello beach, hello Caribbean Sea...

Who ever said the mission couldn't be SUPER AWESOME????

No comments:

Post a Comment