Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Week 14, I think!

Hello, goofballs! 

What a wondeful thing it is to be able to write you all each week! This time, there ain`t much time, so I`m gonna keep things relatively short, but just know that I`m working hard and learning lots. 

LECCIÒN DE LA SEMANA: Be opportune. Among the many strengths of my super-elder companion, I`ve managed to detect something very important that he ALWAYS does. He acts without hesitation when prompted by the Spirit. Anyone who knows me knows that I tend to get trapped in my own little world, and when that happens in the mission-field, I miss opportunities to serve. When we serve the Lord with our heart, might, MIND, and strength, unexpected teaching situations pop up, there are more people to talk to, and we learn much, much more each day. 

----------------

We had TWO Family Home Evenings this week where members invited their friends. The first was with the family Balam Tec, who invited their neighbor. We had a nice lesson, and, acting on a prompting, I had everyone pause and share something they love about a member of their family. It actually worked really well. Little Mauricio loves his mommy because she always makes yummy food :) 

The second was with the Hermana Paty Pool, and she invited HOSTS of neighbors. It was awesome. We watched a video (of Todd Sylvester) and handed out cards with our sumber, offering free service to anyone who needed it. 

We visited Abel, and he was feeling down, so we finished the lesson early and spent 15 minutes drawing and coloring with him. He cheered up quick!

We found a less-active member miraculously by contacting him in a park! His name is Alejandro, and he`s got a girlfriend who is not a member! Woohoo! They`re getting married and BAPTIZED! (so they say - we`ll see) 

I gave candy to the Elders to bribe them to complete their goals for language-learning this week! Bwahahaha.... 

We literally had to talk an investigator out of hiring a hit-man. Yeah. 

We had NINE investigators attend church! Busiest meeting of my life!! Woohoo!

----------------------


Whhaaaaat, it's true!

If we don't have pizza, we don't have life.

Finished work of art with Abel and Arely.

No comments:

Post a Comment