Monday, March 20, 2017

Week WHAT 17 in the field!!

Week WHAT? Time's a-flyin like nothing else out here. 

Hello dearest friends. 

This week, we had a wonderfully-delicious and spiritually-rich bite of success, and I'm super happy for this chance to tell you all about it. I won't have time for much else, today, but remember: the next PDay is THIS SATURDAY because it's the last week of this transfer. 

LECCIÓN DE LA SEMANA: The Lord pays TRIPLE for our efforts! After lots of time teaching, committing, re-committing, interviewing, and worrying, LUIS AND BLANCA GOT BAPTIZED!!! WOOOOOOHOOOO! It was honestly a wonderful experience. 

We arrived at the church building at 6:30, the prescribed hour, but the gates surrounding the church were locked, and nobody arrived to open them until 6:50. Wonderful. the baptism was supposed to be at 7:00. I took a deep breath and relaxed. The guests still hadn't arrived. 

Next, we went to check the font, and SURPRISE, it was empty!! So E. Gallegos and I rushed to turn on the valves and shut the drain. When we tried to enter the font to get to the water controls, the door wouldn't open! Needless to say, I was panicking a little bit at this point, but I tried to keep myself focused on the purpose of being there. 

We got it done. E. Gallegos maaaaayyyy have had to vault the barrier in front of the font to get it done, but we got it done. The font was filled when the guests arrived, and the program proceeded as normal. 

Turns out, those who were supposed to give the intermediary message didn't show up, so E. Gallegos and I shared an abbreviated version of the Restoration with the crowd. To my surprise, the words left my lips perfectly and with ease. Same with my companion. We didn't have to backtrack or re-explain anything for lack of clarity. We NAILED IT. 

After all was said and done, Luis and Blanca looked super happy. The Spirit was felt SUPER strong, and Hna. Marvel, our dear investigator (and mom of Luis and Blanca) began to cry as she offered the closing prayer. After the service, she began to cry AGAIN thanking us for what we had done. 

We set appointments with ALL the family members and extended-family members who came to the baptism. We felt good. 

As we were leaving the building, it occurred to me how much the Lord had blessed us during those brief minutes. At the beginning, it seemed like everything was going south, but looking back, it was honestly one of the most special baptismal services I had ever had the pleasure to attend. We put in our time and effort, and the Lord payed back BIG TIME. 

That's how it is, folks - put in your effort, and the blessings will overflow your life. 

---------------

Like I said, I don't have much time today. I hope this experience helped you guys somehow to grow and improve in your personal life. Maybe you´re not organizing baptisms, but you might be organizing family home evenings or ward activities. The Lord is there for you. Reach out to him!

Until Saturday, friends - I'll tell you about the rest of the biz then.

Love, 
Elder Carson


-----------------

There's the fam :)

Hno. Rolando (Batman) takes blurry photos, but we love him anyway.

And here's Luis, the man of the hour. Don't worry, the smile in his heart, voice, and everything but his face was much bigger X)

No comments:

Post a Comment