Saturday, April 8, 2017

Week 18 (17.5) in the field!!!!! WAAAHOOO! (From March 25th)

Hey, guys, guess what????
We got the news about transfers ANNNNDDDD..........
(buhm bumh buhm... suspenseful music..... buhm buhm BUHHHMMM)
I'M GETTING TRANSFERRED! The assistants called to let me know that I'll be TRAINING a new missionary in the Cancún Stake! I told them "what the heck? I'M a new missionary!!" That's a joke. I told them thanks and that I'll give my best and all that sweet stuff.
I'll be in the Cancún ward, which was the first ward ever established here in the city. It's also the ward CLOSEST to the ocean, which is definitely a change. Zona Hotelera will be in my area! Apparently, we eat there every Sunday with some members. Awesome, huh? I got a little rush when they told me that. I know, I know... careful, Elder.

More importantly, everyone tells me it's one of the strongest wards in the mission, which means we'll have plenty of support as we open the area.
Okay. That's the news. And now, for the weekly review.
LECCIÓN DE LA SEMANA: There's a GARGANTUAN difference between "inner" commitments and "outer" commitments.

Following up with a reference, we passed by the house of a less-active member a few days ago, and the person who opened the door looked nothing like a member of the church. They told us that, although they had been baptized, confirmed, ordained, and SEALED in the temple, that they had no interest in attending church meetings or accepting visits. They reluctantly chatted with us for about five minutes, and then hinted for us to get going. They had been offended by a member, and consequently decided that the church must not be true.

Friends..... please remember that when we make covenants - when we attend church, study the scriptures, and say our prayers - we are not doing it for the members. That would be an "outer" commitment - a commitment to maintain a good image. We make promises with GOD. We talk with GOD. We act for GOD, and He is the only one we are accountable to in the end. When we accept that - when we jump social, physical, and mental hurdles to keep the commandments - THEN we have truly made an inner commitment.

Make inner commitments, and let the strength of your image equal the strength of your character.

---------------------------
ANDREA GOT BAPTIZED!! WOOO!!! Everything I said about the Lord paying triple last week also applies to this week - lots of things went wrong, but we kept the faith and had a beautiful baptismal service. The only thing is the water-level was a little low. I think her dad got a little exercise lowering her to the point of complete immersion XD
Ana Camas, one of our investigators, came to church last week even though she had the flu!! Que potente, ¿no? 
We did exchanges with the elders of Leona Vicario because they are coming to Palmas to be the THIRD companionship of the ward! We helped them all day to get to know the area, and they slept over at our house.
We went house-hunting, and found a new apartment in Prado Norte for the new elders.
While on exchanges, we went to the house of a young less-active, Samuel, who started laughing when he saw my companion's face and couldn't stop for LITERALLY half an hour....... LOLZ.
------------------------


Here's the happy family!! :D Doesn't her dad look like a psychologist?

Fer and Juan and the rest of the gang at the bishop's house for music lessons! I gotta say, the bishop can SHRED. XD

MUSICAL POSE. My companion's a drummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment