Monday, September 25, 2017

Week 44 in the field!!!

Wow. Deep breaths.

There’s no way to completely describe the way it feels to be a zone leader. If I weren’t so happy, I would be going nuts!! :D haha.

LECCIÓN DE LA SEMANA: The Lord will magnify you. Our job is to be worthy vessels.

I think I must have spent more time on my knees this week than in any other, because there are a lot of things that are not under my control, namely: whether the investigators in our zone decide to show up to church, whether the missionaries decide to be obedient, whether the bishop decides to allow investigators to be confirmed this weekend (with Conference and all). In short, we can’t control other people’s decisions.

BUT. We are ALWAYS in control of our own actions. The more I chose to be exactly obedient to the mission rules and trust in the Lord, I saw miracles in the zone. There was a couple who barely got married, and the wife decided one day before her baptism not to go through with it. We decided to say a prayer as a zone, and the next day the sister missionaries were able to discern her need, calm her fears, and help her make her first covenant with her Heavenly Father.

I am extremely grateful for that miracle. I feel like it was a test to see whether we would turn to Him. When we did, He was more than happy to help His daughter take that first step towards eternal life.

-------------------
  • Evelyn, our investigator who got in a motorcycle accident and had her leg amputated, passed her baptismal interview! We’re planning her service for this Friday.
  • We did exchanges with Puerto Aventuras. Elder Jimenez, my old friend from Haciendas, stayed with me and showed me a few things about my area (because he was here before).
  • We found a guy named José Alberto who lived in Chicago for 15 years. He speaks English with a cool accent and accepted a baptismal date!

That’s it for now, friends!! Not much time. :D I love you all and I’m grateful for the love you send me in your letters!!!

Love,
Elder Carson

---------------


(SD card problemss......)

No comments:

Post a Comment