Monday, October 2, 2017

Weed 45 in the field!!!

I’m wet!!

That about sums it up.

Love,
Elder Carson
























JUST KIDDING!!!

LECCIÓN DE LA SEMANA: I loved ALL the messages from General Conference this week, and I thought it was interesting how Elder Uchtdorf talked about our instinct to return home to our Father in Heaven. Later, Elder Holland said that we should offer our help to EVERYONE who walks the road home, even if they do so "drunkenly". I was reminded of the dogs we see in the street here in Mexico, always frail and abused by the people. Sometimes we’re like that - like Bobby the Wonder-Dog. As we try to take the road home, we will encounter failure and difficulties. But apart from these personal factors, the world will also turn against us. Remember what was said about the World? "Because ye are not of the world, the world hateth you."

The recurring theme in this General Conference tells me that the time is NOW. We have to accept that from NOW on (if we haven’t started already), we will be different from the world. Not for some hipster-philosophy, but because our values remain CONSTANT while those of the world shift. And we’ll only become more and more different with time. Let’s stand up for our values NOW, while it’s easiest, so that our foundation and testimony remain secure despite the coming storms.

---------------------------
  • Had to resolve a behavior problem with one of our District Leaders. I don’t like repremanding, but it was good to feel the trust of President Reynoso.
  • We had our Zone Conference! Due to a schedule-shift, President cancelled our part of the teaching (...-_-) but that’s okay, because his part was super edifying!! :D
  • GENERAL CONFERENCE WAS AWESOME. Just want to say that again. I watched in English with the turists.
  • GEOVANA GOT BAPTIZED!!! It was the AWESOMEST service we’ve ever done! We coordinated with the whole stake to organize a viewing of "Meet the Mormons" for ALL the investigators of the zone. Immediately following the spirit of the movie, we invited EVERYONE interested to come and see a REAL baptism. The room was PACKED FULL!! Standing room only!! And they sang well, which was a tender mercy :)
  • I finished my 8-month long journal! Annnnnd just started a new one that will probably last 500 years unless I can find a creative way to fill space.

That’s all!! Thanks for tuning in. I can’t believe this transfer is half-over!! ...Speaking of half over.... well, tune in next time :D

I LOVE YOU ALL!! And just because I would extend my mission 6 months doesn’t mean I love you any less XD Things are fantastic (and wet) here in paradise!!

Love,
Elder Carson

---------------------


(My camera literally got robbed while I was writing you guys last week... I have no idea how I didn’t notice, but fortunately I have my photos backed up on another SD card).

No comments:

Post a Comment