Monday, October 9, 2017

Week 46 in the field!!!

REFLECCIÓN DE LA SEMANA: I remember reaching the Saddle on Mt. Timpanogos. As I came to the ridge, the rock face on my right hand side dropped away, and suddenly there was rushing air and a vast landscape to behold. Reaching that point of the mountain, I was rewarded with a fresh perspective of how far I had come and a reinforced vision of where I was going. I still wasn’t done with the climb – the summit lay ahead – but it would be a much shorter path.

As I reach the midpoint of my mission, it has become ever-clearer to me how the Lord has guided and directed me to reach new heights of achievement, look beyond small failures, and shape my destiny on this earth. I know that He is always by my side to mentor me in my weakness. He is my strength; I need only give what little I have to Him.

The second year will be much shorter, I know, but don’t go thinking that the climb will be over! I’ll search for other challenges, new heights, and thrills of spiritual development. Contrary to popular Mormon media, these will not be the Best Two Years. They’ll be the first.

I invite you all to join me (starting NOW) in making these next 52 weeks the best 52 weeks of your life.

---------------------------

·         Our dear friend Orquidia brought her friend, Amparo, to church!! We set a baptismal date for the 21st of October, and she’s gone to EVERY church activity this week! MEMBER MISSIONARIES RULE!
·         I’m working with President to schedule a special interview for an investigaor who was involved in illegal drugs and robbing! Woohoo! Fun!
·         I visited a great family of investigators in one of our areas and felt the Lord’s hand in helping me extend a direct invitation regarding the Law of Chastity. We’re now organizing their baptismal service!!!
·         I gave a blessing to our favorite Italian, Giorgio, in the hospital! A big chunk of brick fell on his head and caused a lot of blood and stuff.... it was ugly, but he joked with us as if everything were normal. Great guy XD
·         We organized a last-minute meeting with the missionaries of our zone, President Reynoso, and the Stake Presidency at the request of the Stake President. it was a little stressful to get everything organized, but it turned out well. :)
·         We stayed last night in the house of some elders to help them move to their new house at 6:00am! Fun!!

Thanks for everything friends! I love the mission, I love life, and I love YOU ALL!!! I honestly feel incredibly lucky to have the friends I do. You guys have been a net of support in the hard moments, and I appreciate each and every one of your letters.

Love,

Elder Carson

---------------------------

Geovana´s baptism. Honestly the most EPIC BAPTISMAL SERVICE EVER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment