Monday, May 14, 2018

Year 2, Week 29


LECCIÓN DE LA SEMANA: Speaking of relevant topics, let us take a moment to reflect on the sacrifice of a mother. I was reminded recently of the enormous effort that every mother puts forth as I...


(2) Witnessed the tired countenance of an investigator’s mom as she arrived from a long day of work (7am - 5pm), put on an apron, and began to work in her porch-front restaurant, meanwhile instructing her children to do their homework and help her with the business.

(3) Reflected on my personal experiences with my mom. Despite all the grief I gave her, she was consistent in teaching and disciplining me so that I could be who I am today.

My hope is that tomorrow, you can all make the day special for your mom. I am so excited to speak to my mom, and I hope that I can make it as special for her as it’s going to be for me!!! Make a card, go on a walk (or run), take her out to eat, go to a movie - something that she’ll love!!!

If you aren’t familiar with Mormon teachings about eternal families, take a minute to read the Family Proclamation (https://www.lds.org/topics/family-proclamation?lang=eng&old=true) and decide now that you will do whatever it takes to be with your mom in heaven forever!

-----------------------------

This week was a great big adventure. We were passing by an Oxxo (basically a gas station without the gas) and we saw a lady struggling to push a giant cart, so we decided to help her out. As we pushed, we got to know her a little. Her name is Lucy, she’s homeless, and she suffers from a spinal column issue. It was hard to see her in pain as we walked, but at least she wasn’t pushing a ton of clothes and bedding.

We went to Isla Mujeres to help out the elders there. They have been trying hard to find investigators and face lots of difficulties. We were able to place a baptismal date and get a bunch of referrals from some less-active members!

We had Mother’s Day in Mexico! It was the 10th of May, and I recognized Sister Reynoso as my Mexican Mom XD She does a lot for us goofballs and always worries about us eating enough (even though the pozole and the frijol con puerco is making me gordo!!!)

We found a new investigator who we had contacted months before. Nothing happened with him at that point (he was always at work until late at night). After the contact, he went to his (member) girlfriend’s house and watched ALL of General Conference, blown away by the power of the talks!! Now he quit his job and is available to listen to the message. His baptismal date is for June 2, but he’ll have to go to church every week if he wants to achieve his goal!! His name is Joshua, and prayers would be greatly appreciated!!!

This is going to be Elder Vergara’s last week :(

I turned 19 months old.

That’s all for this week, friends!! HAVE A MIRACULOUS WEEK AND CALL YOUR MOM!!!

Love,
Elder Carson

-----------------------------

I continue being a terrible photographer. But I´m happy in paradise with my buddy. Burnt like toast.

Puerto Juarez - late afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment