Monday, June 11, 2018

Year 2, Week 30


WHA???? is right!

LECCIÓN DE LA SEMANA: Are we apathetic towards the Lord’s greatest spiritual blessings? In 3 Nephi 2, it saddens me to learn of a people who, after seeing and hearing of so many divine miracles and signs, chose to disbelieve in the coming of the lord Jesus Christ. To me, it doesn’t seem possible. Then I remember that it’s already happening.

How many times have you witnessed the sunrise without considering the immense light of Jesus Christ that makes it possible? (D&C 14:9) How many times have you considered the waters of the sea, filling the world with life, without acknowledging Him who is the source of life?

I am reminded of one of my favorite scriptures in Alma 30:44:

But Alma said unto him: Thou hast had signs enough; will ye tempt your God? Will ye say, Show unto me a sign, when ye have the testimony of all these thy brethren, and also all the holy prophets? The scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator.

Behold the world around you and choose to believe. I have chosen to believe, and I am full of joy.

--------------------------

I’M GETTING TRANSFERRED! While I’m sad to be leaving the mission offices, I’m very happy to be going to Valladolid, Yucatán! I’ve heard so much about the humble and loving people there who are ANXIOUS to learn about the Gospel of Jesus Christ (quite possibly in mayan). I will be serving with Elder Marquez, who is a great friend of mine, and we will be sure to eat lots of chan pan.

This Monday, I’ll also be saying goodbye to my bestie, Elder Vergara! He’ll be headed back to Chile after finishing his two years with HONOR. I reminded him that these are only the FIRST two years of service, and that I expect him to be just as much of a missionary when he finds himself back home.

FUN FACT: Did you know the name of Chile actually has nothing to do with food? My companion told me that when the Europeans arrived, they thought the climate was a little "chilly", and from there on, the country’s name stuck.

This week, we were busy doing transfers! I did them all by myself! It was Elder Vergara’s way of giving me a final exam - afterwards, he revised it all (he’s great with logistics) and I got good grades. If anyone’s child gets lost in Guatemala because I put the wrong bus route on the transfer sheet... it was my companion’s fault. :D

THAT’S ALL FOLKS, THANKS FOR TUNING IN!! HAVE A SPIRICHAL WEEK!!!

Love,
Elder Carson

No comments:

Post a Comment