Monday, June 11, 2018

Year 2, Week 31


Oops.... Sorry for not sending the draft I wrote last week... HA. I’m definitely still alive!!

I DON’T HAVE MUCH TIME, SO WE’RE GONNA KEEP THINGS BRIEF.

LECCIÓN DE LA SEMANA: Don’t compare yourself to others! After arriving here in Valladolid, I had a sit-down lets-start-this-transfer-well pep-talk with my new companion, Elder Marquez. Let me just say, if there’s anyone who knows how to give a good pep-talk, it’s this guy. He’s a former soccer fanatic and team captain, so it comes naturally to him. As we talked, he was receptive to the Spirit and offered me a piece of advice - that I don’t measure what I can do based on what others are doing. All this week, I’ve been putting it in practice, and I can testify that it has brought me peace, joy, and energy to work HARD.

We should all strive to recognize our divine nature. We are all children of God, and therefore we inherit His divine attributes. I invite you all to ponder your talents and weaknesses WITHOUT comparing yourselves to family and friends. If you will add this to your daily prayer and scripture study this week, you will discover something mind-blowing about your potential that you might not currently see. I would be interested to hear what it is that you discover!!! 

----------------------------------

This week, I said goodbye to my friend, Elder Vergara. He did a crazy-good job here in the mission field, and now it’s on to the next mission! President brought us out to the Hotel Zone (which is typically a restricted area) to take pictures by the beach, and he brought us out to eat at Sirloin Buffet. YUM!

VALLADOLID! What can I say. It’s an absolute beauty. I’ll make sure to share with you the pictures I’ve taken next week (sorry - I forgot my camera cord in the house). The people speak Maya and are SUPER humble. My companion Elder Marquez and I have gone to some villages in our area where the people live in stick houses and don’t speak Spanish. Hax tzút’c.

THE FOOD IS GONNA MAKE ME GORDITO, IT’S SO GOOD!!

That’s all for now, folks! I hope you all have a wonderful week! LOVE YOU!

Elder Carson

No comments:

Post a Comment