Sunday, August 5, 2018

Year 2, Week 38


Hola, mis compatriotas!!

LECCIÓN DE LA SEMANA: The most effective teaching always occurs in the home.

During a companionship study, Elder Godina and I were memorizing some scriptures, and I realized something: despite all the efforts I’ve made to learn, study, memorize, and recite scriptures in my mission, the scriptures that I have engraved most deeply in my mind are the following:

·         Mosíah 3:19
·         Matthew 5:14-16
·         Matthew 6:24
·         John 14:15
·         Helaman 5:12

What makes these scriptures special, you might ask?? These are the scriptures that I learned, studied, memorized, and recited with my family during Family Home Evening (even when I didn’t want to). PARENTS: don’t take your supernatural powers for granted. Teach what should be taught. Drill your kids with truth so that they develop a resistance to falsehood. If you do, I promise that the day will come in which they thank you and acknowledge the blessings they have received for your efforts.

Thanks, Mom and Dad :D

-------------------------------

In church, we were blessed to see new faces. Our investigators, Mari and Leidy, accompanied us and enjoyed everything but the air-conditioning (it was pretty cold). We were also thrilled to see that Fredi, a recently-baptized member, brought his non-member father, Cruz, to enjoy Sacrament Meeting. All three are progressing towards their baptism at the end of this month!!! Lots of prayers for them!!!

This was the trip we took:

Day 1: We went travelling to Carrillo Puerto (again), and we worked with the missionaries to find and teach new investigators.

Day 2: We travelled to Puerto Aventuras to help the missionaries keep strong despite the difficulties that they face in their area. We worked with members to find referrals, and even enjoyed chinese food from the plaza!

During a branch-home-evening, the branch president (who I knew since I worked in Playa) called his sister-in-law (my convert) and handed me the phone. It was so special to hear how Rubí has progressed since I last saw her!!

Day 3: Lots of time in bus and combi getting back to hax-Valladolid.

Well, that’s it for now. I’m a happy elder. I hope you can all see the miracles that occur when we’re engaged in the work of the Lord. Find ways to be anxiously engaged in the work wherever you are, and you, too, will see miracles!!!

Love you guys,
Elder Carson

--------------------------------

Cenote Za´ci - a natural beauty!!!

​The view from the cave on the other side...

No comments:

Post a Comment