Sunday, August 5, 2018

Year 2, Week 41


LECCIÓN DE LA SEMANA: Your companionship is an invaluable investment. The other day, I had a sit-down talk with a dear friend of mine in the mission. He counciled me to think less about myself and "invest" more in my companion. I thought, "what could that mean? We’re working hard, aren’t we? We’re baptizing, aren’t we?"

Here are some things I WASN’T doing very well before:
  • Taking time to talk with my companionship and get to know him beyond superficial missionary-work things.
  • Paying attention to make sure his needs (physical, emotional, spiritual) are fulfilled.
  • Making sure there was a positive (not just neutral) spirit between us BEFORE leaving the house to work.

It’s very easy to obsess over good things. Every virtue, when taken to an extreme, can become a vice (Deiter F. Uchtdorf). Being a great teacher of the Gospel is ineffective if the spirit does not exist between companions.

My invitation for all of the friends, brothers, sons, daughters, friends, spouses, and parents out there is to take time to MINISTER to those close to you. Don’t take their company for granted. Even a good relationship can become better when you add time and heart. And that investment has a VERY good interest rate.

-------------------------------------------

This week was another week planning and executing the leadership council. Elder Marquez, Jensen, Godina, and I all focused on OBEDIENCE, because President has been worried about the observance of the mission rules lately. It was a stay-up-late-making-powerpoints-and-practicing-the-activity type adventure X) The great part is that Elder Jensen is always very generous with the food in their house (and cooks a mean breakfast)!

Elder Godina and I have been rushing to find the "chosen ones" for August in the little time we have in our area. MIRACLES ARE REAL! We found the friend of one member who has gone to church a lot and who’s willing to be baptized THIS WEEK! WOOHOO!! Yesterday he had his baptismal interview and passed with flying colors!

This next week, we’ll be finalizing transfers with President Reynoso - always a delightful process. It just hit me - after this next week, I will be on my LAST TRANSFER... :O

Several of you have commented your excitement for this FACT-THAT-SHALL-NOT-BE-NAMED; let me remind you that six weeks is practically a lifetime and that I can sleep sound at night knowing that I am a natural-born Yucateco Mexican boy... (right?)

Love you all! Have a wonderful week!

Elder Carson

No comments:

Post a Comment