Monday, December 26, 2016

Week 5 in Cancun!


Hola, Friends!

Much love to you all this Christmas season. I hope you all got fat with candy and presents but that you remember the true meaning of all this. It feels good to give, doesn´t it? And our Savior gave us the greatest gift of all.

LECCION DE LA SEMANA: Stay out of the comfort zone. FLEE the comfort zone. The comfort zone is death, and we cannot grow when we are stuck in its ruts. I have already felt the temptation to develop habits as a missionary that would prevent me from growing. Things like talking to people in the street only if they meet certain criteria of readiness. The Lord is gonna prompt me to talk to a busy, grumpy, and rich guy surrounded by other people someday, and when that day comes, I need to be ready.

Even our Savior progressed when he stepped away from safety and into the immense pain of the Atonement. I invite you all to compare Matthew 5:48 with 3 Nephi 12:48 and ponder what that might entail. Also, consider what habits you have developed to stay comfy and think about things you can do to stretch yourself. Pray to know your weaknesses and to have experiences that allow you to grow. The Lord will round you out and craft you into the person He intends for you to become.

-----------------
  • We had a Christmas Dinner as a ward, and Miguel Angel came! It was awesome - we gave him a tour, showed him the baptismal font, and introduced him to members. He found out that he used to work with one of the brothers in the ward! 
  • My companion and I sang a rendition of Homeward Bound in front of everyone at the beginning of the Christmas dinner.... first time I´ve ever tried THAT... XD It was lots of fun.
  • We passed a primary school of kids dancing to All I Want For Christmas is You in English. Made my day x)
  • We tried to make a piñata with Hna. Elizabeth for Navidad, but I have no experience and it turned out pretty ugly! Woohoo! What´s more, her son arrived halfway through the process, and he makes piñatas for his job.... He picked up our piñata to inspect it and half the little colorful papers fell off. We died laughing.
  • There´s a blessed bench next to the statue of Guadalupe, I swear!! We´ve contacted three people on that bench and they´ve all agreed to fixed appointments! One of the latest was Cristina, a girl who saw us pass and had a feeling that we were going to return to talk to her.... how cool is that?? Turns out, her WHOLE FAMILY is interested in our message! (Fingers crossed...)
  • Kids like blowing stuff up here. It´s like their favorite pastime besides futbol. They throw M80s out there like candy and run around screaming when they go off. My companion and I have had to dodge the little grenades-for-kids on more than one occasion.
  • We saw two drunk guys fighting (FROM A DISTANCE, MOM) on Christmas night... it was a little scary, and we got out of there as quick as possible when one dude got his machete... it´s sad that there´s this kind of violence in the world. That´s one reason we´re out here - to bring light into the lives of those unfortunate victims of poor family circumstances. 
That´s it for this week, guys. I love you all. Stay righteous and remember who you are (mom mode activated). I wish you all a wonderful, happy New Year!!!
 
Elder Carson 

------------

Christmas Present from the Stake President´s Family!! WE LOVE LOS RAMÓN!!
 
My friend, the iguana, otra ves. This time, he´s trying to be sneaky and blend in with some leaves... not so fast, Iggy!
 
.... our handiwork. (alternative title: what happens when you give a gringo a piñata) 
 
Our friend, the pro, correcting our handiwork. 
 
What happens when you forget the water for your oats. 
 
THE ZONE! This was a happy birthday photo for the Hermana front and center. 
 
Practicing for the performance en la casa. :) 
 
The little kids outperformed us by a longshot! 
 
Fernando y Juan remind me of my brothers, mostly Oli. Guess what they´re playing? It starts with M and ends with -inecraft!
 
They had to pause... I love them X)

No comments:

Post a Comment