Monday, May 22, 2017

Week 26 in the field!!!!!

Man, the weeks are FLYIN’!
This week was a little slow on the numbers side of things, but I’m focusing on what really matters - the people - and I feel good about what we’ve done.
LECCIÓN DE LA SEMANA: It’s what you do in your spare time that counts. This is something I’m learning little by little through experience - that preparation is EVERYTHING. Preach My Gospel talks about a lot of things that we should do while we’re teaching (ask for referrals, ask questions, invite members to lessons) and we like to hyper-focus on these things, but I’ve seen a lot of missionaries who leave the house of their investigators and immediately start to behave inappropriately. As a result, it doesn’t matter what they do in their lessons - they misbehave in the street, the Spirit isn’t there while they teach, and their investigators don’t FEEL the message the way they should. No Spirit - no success.

What we do in our spare time reflects our true desires. If you spend a whole day teaching a class about the importance of the family only to come home and spend the afternoon on Facebook, what are you really saying about your family?

This week, I’m going to try and schedule an appointment during PDay. That’s oe of my committments to show God I really want to share the Gospel. I invite all of you to make a change in your lives to fill your spare time with the things you REALLY care about.  

---------
I FINISHED THE BOOK OF MORMON CHALLENGE! It was awesome!!! I started reading on the 1st of February, highlighting the names of Christ in red and doctrines in blue, and I finished on Tuesday of last week. I was filled with a desire to repent of all the things I’ve skimped on and re-dedicate myself to be the best missionary I can be.

Marbel called us on Wednesday and asked us to go and give her a blessing! It was a great opportunity to serve. She’s starting a new business so that she can be more self-sufficient, and she’s worried that it’ll go badly. The Lord promised her that she could have success to the measure of her faithfulness and dedication to His commandments.
MIRIAM SEPARATED FROM HER BOYFRIEND. After we taught about the Law of Chastity, she talked it over with her boyfriend and, concluding that he was unwilling to have a temple-worthy relationship, chose to separate! That means that she can get baptized!!!! :D
We played basketball with the young men!! It was super fun and refreshing. Pdays are awesome!
Thank you all for your love and support. This week, I hope to get lots of emails about how you’re demonstrating your sincere desires to God!!! He will shape your lives to give you more happiness than you ever thought possible.
Love,
Elder Carson

--------
No photos this week....... forgot my camera.... hasta la próxima!

No comments:

Post a Comment