Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Week 37 AND 38 in the field!!!

WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT! 

And by that I mean, we didn’t get ANYTHING of the hurricane! I was all ready to see some lightning and thunder and wind and stuff, but all that came was LIGHT RAIN! 

Oh well. I didn’t come here to be in an action movie. ;D 

LECCIÒN DE LA(S) SEMANA(S): Fill your life with the word of God!!! The assistants came to live with us for about four days this past week, and with five people in the house (as you can imagine) it was somewhat easy to get distracted talking and telling stories. I soon found that we were losing too much time, and I felt bad about it, so I made a commitment with God to fill the little gaps of time reading the Book of Mormon. WHAT A DIFFERENCE I SAW! I was more prepared in our lessons, I set baptismal dates, got references, and (quite possibly) made a really good impression on our leaders!

I can bear my personal testimony that the impact of a consistent study of the Book of Mormon goes far beyond the letters on the page. It provides us with knowledge, teaches us wisdom, and fills us with the light of Christ. 

-----------------
  • I got new companions! Elder Mun is on the downhill (he leaves in October) but he continues being a great example of hard work and dedication. He’s from Oaxaca, Mexico. Elder Tello (that’s right, we’re in a trio), is from Argentina, and is a great teacher of the Gospel. He’s got a way of accomplishing everything he says he will, and I admire him for it. 
  • The Leadership Council was postponed two days (for the storm that never came), so we had to cancel a bunch of appointments to make way for the travel. the good part is that Elder Tello was able to stay behind with other missionaries and cover the majority of the appointments. 
  • Elder CarLson went home with honor! And he left me a tie in the offices, which was cool. 
  • We had a lunch appointment with our bishop, in which I learned that he’s a network programmer with experience in Space Agency systems!!! Anyone who knows me could guess that (after fanboy-ing a little) I took notes of his information so that later on we can talk space. :D 
  • I did another baptismal interview for an investigator of some sister missionaries in our zone! It was my second time. She was super prepared, so there were no complications. Unfortunately, we weren’t able to attend the service, but I felt happy for their success anyway!
  • We set a baptismal date with Juan, the brother of one of our former investigators. Previously, he hadn’t wanted to listen to us, but he went to his aunt’s house on Sunday, all dressed up, and told her, "I want to go to church. Will you bring me??" Turns out he’s a great (and smart) kid. He understood everything from our first lesson without problems!
  • I TURNED 10 MONTHS OLD IN THE MISSION :D 

Well, that’s all for now. Over these last two weeks, there were plenty of things to talk about, but y’all know the drill - give me 14 months and we’ll have a nice conversation around the fire with a cup o’ chocolate. 

I invite all of you to participate with me in reading the Book of Mormon in your spare moments. Carry it around in your backpack. Have the strength of the Lord with you always. I promise you that you’ll find a greater and more meaningful happiness in your life. 

Love, 

Elder Carson

-------------------

His name is Esau. He`s a champ.

I was gonna take a picture of our Burger King splurge, but I ate everything too fast... O.o

A thoughtful gift from the former assistent (and name-twin).

Saying goodbye to my bruddah from a different muddah!! He`s off to Cozumel to enjoy the beach ;D

Yuri got baptized!! :D Elder Mun is the one who looks Korean, E. Tello is the other.

Our buddy Jahir. He just needs to get married, yo.

It`s a grape-like fruit with a shell that looks weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment