Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Week 39 in the field!!

What a wonderful, stormy day!

We’re entering September now, and that’s rainy season on this side of the Yucatan peninsula. Things are great, actually - I enjoy the chance to (literally) cool down.

LECCIÓN DE LA SEMANA: There’s no time in this life for negativity!!

I went on splits with an old dude (Hno. Cortéz) on the high council assigned to missionary work in Bacalar. It was a LOT of fun, and I think it was because the guy didn’t speak ONE WORD of negativity the whole time. Personally, I didn’t even realize how optimistic a person can be until that moment.

Lots of people his age don’t leave the house or spend all day sleeping, but because of his attitude, he’s been able to fill his time with productive things. He’s taking cooking classes, getting licensed to open a barber shop, and always putting God (and his calling) first!

I don’t know about you guys, but I would would like to be so happy when I get old. :D

-----------------
  • We did LOTS of splits with the elders of Chetumal this week! On one of my favorites, we caught the (rebellious) son of a desperate mother in JUST the right moment to start teaching him, and the message of the Atonement really struck him. THE (big, tough, tattoed) DUDE CRIED. It was a very spiritual moment. Cool stuff.
  • Some baptismal dates fell through in our area and in the zone - we’re working on a training for the zone about how to retain those investigators better.
  • We ate in the house of some... very well-off members, and their son wanted VERY BADLY to show us his toys. He would fit perfectly in Comic-Con, to put it shortly.

I’m gonna cut it short for now because time’s a little thin! I love you all and hope that, with the start of the semester, you’re all working hard and doing your homework. Whether it’s that, your career, or your family, remember to ALWAYS keep a positive attitude!!! The Lord blesses those who refrain from murmuring!!

Love,
Elder Carson

-----------------------

(Next time, I’ll show you the photo of that kid’s insane Kylo Ren lightsaber... :DDD)

No comments:

Post a Comment