Thursday, March 22, 2018

Year 2, Week 21


What an eventful week!

LECCIÓN DE LA SEMANA: Our motives have a lot to do with the success we have. Can a tree with corrupted roots give good fruit? And, on the contrary, won’t a healthy tree with strong roots always produce as it should?

In 2 Nephi 26, the Lord clarifies what types of motives He expects of each of us worker-bees in Zion:

29 He commandeth that there shall be no priestcrafts; for, behold, priestcrafts are that men preach and set themselves up for a light unto the world, that they may get gain and praise of the world; but they seek not the welfare of Zion.

30 Behold, the Lord hath forbidden this thing; wherefore, the Lord God hath given a commandment that all men should have charity, which charity is love. And except they should have charity they were nothing. Wherefore, if they should have charity they would not suffer the laborer in Zion to perish.

31 But the laborer in Zion shall labor for Zion; for if they labor for money they shall perish.

So, do you want to make a difference in the world? Do you want to prosper? This scripture teaches that you should avoid two poisonous motives: personal recognition and wealth. GET RID OF THEM! IN THE GARBAGE BIN! You will be a more powerful instrument in the hands of God as you focus yourself on the "WHY" behind your actions. Do the right thing. Always. If you do, you will enjoy the abundance of the earth, and with that abundance you will give to the poor and give the glory to God.

--------------------------

We did splits with the elders of Chac Mool (where I was born), and we were able to find one of my old investigators from 15 months ago and place a baptismal date with him! Talk about planting seeds.... one of my favorite members from that ward got called as bishop. It was great to see him after so much time. 

Today, we ran into a sister from Playa in Walmart that I knew from Peten. She said her son still does the voice of Stitch (because I taught it to him). 

As I finish writing you guys, I’ll be getting in my baptismal clothes, because there’s a kid that the sister-missionaries from our ward are teaching, and he asked me to baptize him!! So happy!!

A quick note: I was asked how I feel about having six months left in the mission. (1) I’ve got a LITTLE more than that (pathetic tear).  (2)   I’m excited, actually. Lots of people would say that’s "trunky", but it’s not that. I LOVE the mission and would extend 3 years if I could. BUT considering that that’s not an option, I look forward to the next opportunities (although perhaps I’ll be able to extend one month). Like I’ve always said, these two years aren’t "The Best Two Years," as the movie-title indicates. They’re the FIRST two years of service. BUT FOR NOW I’M HAPPY PRETENDING THAT THIS WILL NEVER END!!

--------------------------

Pday study sessions... ??? (posed)

Hna. Chayito gave us WAY too much delicious food....

1 comment: