Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Year 2, Week 44


LECCIÓN DE LA SEMANA: Don’t count your chickens until they hatch!!! 

Now, I’m not trunky. But it definitely changes the mentality and perspective of a man when he knows the two best years to-date are a month from their finish. One ponders his goals, plans, and hopes for what lies ahead, even as he fulfills the responsibility at hand. A rush of emotions - SADNESS, fear, and even a little excitement begin to gnaw at the fabric of consciousness. 

BUT. The Lord has the last word. And sometimes, as I learned on Monday night, His will differs from our plans. 

I am pleased to announce that the Lord has reconsidered my return date, and now, instead of returning the 25th of September, I will now be getting home on the 6th of November. 

I love you all, and will greatly enjoy seeing you when I return. For now, however, it’s time for WORK, WORK, WORK, and I could not be happier!!! :) 

------------------------------

This week, Elder Godina and I went on exchanges with Tizimin Zone. That involved a lot of taxi-rides to little villages, speaking Maya (bix a beel, sucuum?) and one-on-one time with lots of different elders. It’s honestly my favorite kind of service. 

I discovered that the Mayan people are very talented with embroidery! There’s a sister in our ward who’s going to embroider a tie of mine for only $100mx. i’ll be sure to show you guys as soon as she finishes!! 

We had our Zone Conference this week with President Reynoso. The only thing that didn’t go well was President’s hotel reservation - after we went to make the reservation, they CHANGED the room to another located on the THIRD floor WITHOUT an elevator... sigh. Everything else was EXCELLENT, and I left super inspired!!! :D

Tomorrow is Stake Conference in Tizimin. We’re going to take our investigators on a bus trip!! Woohoo!!! Hope you all have as much fun as we will! 

Love, 
Elder Carson

-----------------------------

DAVID GOT BAPTIZED!!! The kid´s a future mission president - real story.

No comments:

Post a Comment