Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Year 2, Week 47


Hey, friends!!! How are you guys?? 

LECCIÓN DE LA SEMANA: A leader projects his qualities and attributes upon his stewardship. During a visit to a certain branch of the church pertaining to the mission, I found myself speaking with several members of the church with a seemingly negative outlook for the future of the branch. I thought, "How strange! Why does this line of thinking so commonly exist in a branch that is growing steadily? I would be celebrating!" 

I discovered the answer a few hours later in a branch council meeting. Unfortunately, the presiding leader possessed the same attitude I had witnessed in the members. Now, it all made sense. President Reynoso’s voice rang in my head: "I look at you and I already know how your zone is." The truth is, our stewardship gradually takes the form we give it. That’s called example. Is it any wonder that God, who is steward over our universe, must be perfect in order to lead us to that same perfection? 

While you strive to lead in your own spheres, be worthy. Cultivate the same traits that characterize the Savior. Repent of any and all wanderings from the straight and narrow path. I promise that the blessings will come, and they will be much greater than we can now comprehend.  

-----------------------------------------

This week, we travelled to Chetumal and Carrillo Puerto (again). Seems like we’re always going down there, right? BUT it was even more fun this time, because we didn’t stay in any one place for more than a day at a time! It was a lot of fast-paced action and LOTS of miracles to tell of. 

When we returned to Valladolid, we went directly to work and prepared for one of our investigators (named Honorio) to be baptized. What a cool experience it was to seem him be baptized with his son!! I’ll send you guys photos when I can because I forgot my camara that day and a sister missionary had to help us out with her camara. 

We also held our second embroidery class with the sisters of the ward. We didn’t have a TON of turn-out, but there were plenty of sisters excited to learn, so we gave them fabric, needles, and string to practice with! Next week we’ll have even MORE participation (and we hope to bring investigators, too!!). 

That’s all, folks!! Thanks for your words of excitement, frequent updates, and memes!!! haha. 

Love, 
Elder Carson

----------------------------------------

Buddies in Carrillo Puerto!

Dramatic look off into the middle-distance... we're explorers, what can I say??

Looking out on ancient Mayan cityscapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment