Monday, October 8, 2018

Year 2, Week 48


Okay, okay, it IS a little awkward thinking that this would’ve been the last e-mail I send to you all, BUT in the end, what does it really matter? I mean, the service continues for all my life!! THESE ARE THE FIRST TWO YEARS, NOT THE BEST ONES. 

LECCIÓN DE LA SEMANA: I obtained a renewed witness of the reality of Joseph Smith’s prophetic calling this week. I was reading 2 Peter chapter 2, and discovered what characteristics the false prophets have. As I read, I thought of thousands of times when I had heard accusations against the Prophet of the Restoration. Did Joseph Smith deny the Christ? No. Did Joseph Smith sow shadowy, destructive heresies amongst the believers? No. Did he speak evil of the greater powers? No. What behavior, then, inspires his accusers? It can only be disbelief. Unfounded disbelief.

I invite ALL of you to search the scriptures, earnestly pray, and fast for a spiritual witness that we are, indeed, living in the Latter-Days - that Christ, indeed, has restored His church, and that we do, in fact, have priesthood authority in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. If you do, revelation will rain from heaven, and you will reach a well-founded surety of this great truth.

---------------------------------

I moved around a lot this week!! Elder Chamberlain and I went to Cancun on Wednesday, where we ate some pizza with the elders of Nichupté and started working on the plans for transfers.

TURNS OUT, I’LL BE GOING BACK!!!! President received the revelation that I should be in Nichupté again. That means that I’ll be finishing my mission with Elder Jensen, a great buddy o’ mine, and Elder Vega, an elder that worked together with me and Elder Coello in Palmas (wooo! a long time ago!) Though I would have loved to finish with my MTC companion, dear Elder Chamberlain, I know that the Lord would have me stay six more weeks, and who am I to say otherwise??

Right now, I’m in Valladolid teaching the area to a new trainer, Elder Astrada. He’s from Argentina (cool accent, bro!) and when I leave on Sunday, he’ll receive a NEWBIE to train and prepare for these next two transfers. HOW EXCITING!! Fun fact - he was companions with my chan.hijo, Elder Coello, this last transfer.

That will be all, folks! I love hearing from you with all your love and support!! Keep making good, destiny-shaping decisions!!!

Love,
Elder Carson


---------------------

My rocker companion from Argentina!!! I love this elder!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment