Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Two Years!


WOAH. I know I’m breaking the rules, but I like being out for more than two years!! Like in the old days!! Why not go for three?? ;) 

LECCIÓN DE LA SEMANA: UNITE ALL THINGS IN CHRIST!!
Remember last week, when I invited you all to consider how to study and apply the General Conference talks?? One that has repeatedly impressed me is that given by Elder David A. Bednar. He talks of how all aspects of our church worship are united in Christ. He promised that as we connect all our practices to the Savior, we will receive perspective, purpose, and power.

I echo the testimony of elder Bednar. I know that the Savior is central to God’s plan of happiness. I have felt the promised blessings this week as I draw connections between my study themes and Christ. This week, I invite you to "always remember Him" in all that you do. Remember that we are only living our stressful, complicated life for one small, simple reason, and do not let the little struggles get in your way of achieving all you are meant to achieve.

------------

We had an excellent lesson with an investigator family following the adjournment of the last session of General Conference. Sister Dolores was able to receive an answer to her prayers as she listened to the prophet’s voice. Together with her boyfriend, they decided to be married on the 9th of November. I told them to send me photos! :)

I was able to do exchanges with an elder-buddy of mine who I met last year in Playa del Carmen. I was profoundly impressed by the way the Lord has shaped him into a successful and powerful missionary since his training. We were also able to talk on a more personal note, and I discovered that, like me, he is a writing nerd. Just imagine when we started talking about Harry Potter and Ender’s Game!

I’ve been trying to apply my own council from last week. As part of my plan to "digest" better the messages from General Conference, I downloaded all the talks in audio, and one-by-one I have listened to and scrutinized them in the mornings at 6:00am. The small sacrifice of sleep fills me with joy! How cool is it that we have living prophets??

I hope that you are all doing well! To all the many who have asked if I’m trunky, I say, "if you mean I’m ready to go to Valladolid next week in the trunk of President’s minivan to work my shoes off, YES!!"

Love you!
Elder Carson

No comments:

Post a Comment