Monday, October 8, 2018

Year 2, Week 49


Saludos cordiales a todos mis amados del distrito 9D que ya están de regreso. Espero que la vida en casa les trate bien. Recuerden que no son J.A.S. - son misioneros RETORNADOS! Compórtense como tal!

LECCIÓN DE LA SEMANA: I had a cool experience that I forgot to tell you guys about last week. When I was returning to Valladolid from Cancun, Elder Astrada and I missed the bus.... yeah. They said "last call" over the intercom, and we went straight to the gate, but the ticket-man informed us that our ride had already departed. Sigh. I may have complained silently in my head, but I had yet to see what the Lord had in store.

As we passed by the sales window to buy new tickets, Elder Jensen called my phone. "Hey, Elder Carson," he said. "I think you stole our house keys!!!" I reached in my pocket, and to my surprise, I had indeed been guilty of accidental theft. Missing the bus gave us enough time to meet up with the elders and give them the keys before travelling to Valladolid and causing a bigger problem. The best part: when we went to buy new tickets, the kind salesman transferred our old tickets for free!! Turns out, he is a member of the church!!! MIRACLES!!!

--------------------

This week has been exciting. We finalized transfer details, welcomed new missionaries (including two from Brazil who arrived speaking Portugués), and said goodbye to our old friends in the Last Supper with President Reynoso. Of all the "last suppers" I’ve attended, it was definitely the strangest to witness (for obvious reasons that I need not name).

Now, I’m working hard in Nichupté - AGAIN! It’s so great to see all my friends from this great ward. There are truly faithful and generous members here who fight to build the kingdom of God. I’m humbled by the faith I have observed in them.

The best part is that I’m working with TWO stellar missionaries!! Elder Jensen AND Elder Vega!! Both have been great friends to me during my two years as a missionary, and we are ready to give EVERY LAST DROP of soul-power in us to teach, baptize, and train these next five weeks!

I hope you all have a wonderful week! Prepare yourselves with good questions to listen and DISCERN the Spirit of the Lord during General Conference next Saturday. I would LOVE to hear your thoughts regarding the talks, so if you’d shoot me a mail between sessions, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Love,
Elder Carson

---------------------------


Dynamic Trio!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment