Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Year 2, Week 46


LECCIÓN DE LA SEMANA: Work with your head, not just your feet. 

It’s something that President Reynoso always tells us. Why walk around all day in the sun if there’s a more intelligent way to find people to teach? 

Turns out, the same applies to moving fallen ceder trees. The bishop called us two days ago at 8:00pm and asked us to come to his house and lend a hand. We arrived, only to discover that he had toppled a giant ceder with a hand-axe, knocking out his rock fence and that of his neighbor. His goal was to move giant chunks of wood onto his property between the three of us. I was a little bit like Laman, thinking "how do you plan to do that, genius?" Well the bishop showed me. He took out a giant wooden pole and applied the principles of newtonian physics to relocate the trunk of that giant tree. I was impressed by the faith and the smarts that he demonstrated. 

I hereby commit myself to (1) work with my head more than my feet, and (2) not doubt when there’s work to do. I invite you all to do the same. 

-----------------------------

Not much time today, but here’s a photo of life in Tizimin X)


Love you all!!!

Elder Carson

No comments:

Post a Comment