Sunday, April 29, 2018

Year 2, Week 24


Well, that was nuts. 

I just got done organizing the movement of 40% of the mission... we had to make sure that nobody ends up alone or stranded. It was a feat of logistics, but after locking ourselves in President’s office all day, we managed it!!!

LECCIÓN DE LA SEMANA: Practice is a lot more important that we give it credit for. In a meeting with President Reynoso, we talked about how the last transfer went. During the conversation, President mentioned that he felt we were shrugging off the "practice" part of our zone conferences, district meetings, and even companionship studies! If we were to practice more and MEANINGFULLY, he said, we would reach our goal of 224 baptisms in one month, because our missionaries would leave their houses every day TRAINED and with the Spirit.

As a further testimony to this, I noticed something today: when Elder Vergara left me in charge of the transfers, I had to PRACTICE doing it on my own, and as a result, I feel like I understood the process down to its core - much better than when I had only observed the process. Next time, it’s not going to take 7 hours, for sure.

I hope that we can all understand the value of practicing. Don’t get tired of failure, because you’re on the road to success! Does that ring a bell? (check Elder Lynn G. Robbins’ talk from this last weekend’s conference).

---------------------

I don’t have time to write about the daily details... we’ve got to go buy 20,000 pesos of bus tickets! (sorry to the people behind us in line). But I do wish you all a marvellous week! I’ll be writing to you soon!

Love,
Elder Carson

-----------------------

Below is the mission newspaper I made. I was reminded of my time in the online journalism class at Timpview. Good times!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment