Sunday, April 29, 2018

Year 2, Week 27


Correct me if I’m wrong, but this may be the first time I write you on a Friday....

Let’s begin.

LECCIÓN DE LA SEMANA: I am blown away by the trust God grants to His chosen servants. He has given all of us power to ACT, and if we use that power well, He will grant us authority (priesthood) and power to act in HIS NAME. Consider the following examples:

In Moses 6, Enoc is told to declare repentance unto a wicked people. Humbling himself before the Lord and accepting his assignment, he is given power and authority: "all thy words will I justify; and the mountains shall flee before you, and the rivers shall turn from their course; and thou shalt abide in me, and I in you" (v. 34).

In Helaman 10 and 11, for having declared the word of God with "unwearyingness" (what vocab!), Nefi is given the same power:  "And thus, if ye shall say unto this temple it shall be rent in twain, it shall be done. And if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou cast down and become smooth, it shall be done. And behold, if ye shall say that God shall smite this people, it shall come to pass" (10:8-10).

Finally, in the book of Alma, chapter 17: Ammon, a powerful missionary, is given such power that a band of robbers cannot kill him. The king he is serving asks him where this power comes from, and Ammon responds, "a portion of [the Holy] Spirit dwelleth in me, which giveth me knowledge, and also power according to my faith and desires which are in God."

Being an instrument in God’s hands isn’t about going limp like a puppet and letting Him take control. We are creatures of ACTION. We must receive authority by the laying on of hands, receive authority by aligning our will with His, and produce good works - only in this way will we approach Godhood.

--------------------------

Lots of rain this week! Take a look at the photos:


... In a laundry bag

​... hailing a taxi.

No comments:

Post a Comment