Sunday, April 29, 2018

Year 2, Week 25

Saludos cordiales!

LECCIÓN DE LA SEMANA: Never be afraid to ask advice! After showing great iniciative to solve a life-or-death problem, Nephi humbly turned to his father (an experienced man chosen of God) to ask, "Whither shall I go to obtain food?" With his newly-crafted bow, he went where his father instructed and was able to kill animals so that his family could eat while they tarried in the desert (1 Nephi 16:23).

I recently entered President Reynoso’s office to ask advice. I was a little nervous, but he reassured me and helped me achieve greater clarity and wisdom despite my insecurities. He spoke the words I needed, drawing from a fount of experience and revelation. I was able to find strength and direction to nourish my spirit and keep me moving forward. 

If you will turn to your leaders in life (especially your ordained church leaders), open up, and share your concerns with them, I promise that Heavenly Father will grant you greater knowledge and confidence. You will have more confidence, still, as you seek confirming revelation of what they tell you, make a plan, and APPLY what the Spirit teaches you.

-------------------------------------------

This week, we finished with transfers and finally settled in to our area. We had time to work with our investigators and search for new ones! There were some particularly extraordinary experiences:

- we found an inactive member who hadn’t been visited in TEN YEARS. He was so friendly, and he’s married to a non-member! We’re going to pass by next Tuesday!

- we went to the airport to drop off the missionaries who were released last Tuesday! Among them was Sister Flores, from my generation!!! I can’t tell you how strange it was to see "The Chicken-Wing Queen" go (see my letters from the CCM or ask her in person what that’s all about).

- we picked up the new missionaries on Monday! That was a lot of fun. There are only six, but they represent FIVE different countries! One of them (from Columbia) is the youngest of EIGHT missionaries in his family! Talk about an army!

That’s about it, folks! thanks for your letters, your support, and your always-encouraging optimism! Your prayers keep me going!!!

Love,
Elder Carson

--------------------------------------------

Elder Prior now has his new companion! Welcome to the mission offices, Elder Vázquez!!

No comments:

Post a Comment